Almost Blue


    Disclaimer: Belongs to Ken, Tom, NBC, and Sony. Song belongs to Elvis Costello.

    Author's Notes: Elvis Costello wrote the song, but I'm going by the Gwen Stefani version. I changed one of the words too.

    Summary: Chloe sings.

    *****

    Chloe, Belle, Shawn, Philip, Mimi, Jason, Jan, Kevin were gathered together at one table in the Pub. Spread about the place were also Greta, Jack, John, Marlena, Bo, Hope, Jennifer, and Brandon. Chloe and Philip were no longer together, but that seemed to make no difference to him. And besides, with all the people around it wasn't like it was a date. In fact, she was waiting for her date, Brady. They'd found that they were in love after school started. They spent nearly every waking hour together, and some even when they weren't together.

    One problem remained. That was Philip. He'd weaseled his way into sitting next to her at the table.

    "Chloe, I love you so much. I was thinking when you go to New York, I'll come with you. It'll be great. We can go out every night. I'll get to see the Knicks play."

    "Philip, we aren't together."

    "Come on, Chloe. You know that joke isn't really funny anymore."

    She rolled her eyes.

    "Shawn, can I see you for a second?"

    "Sure." They stood and went towards the door.

    "He's not getting it."

    "I've tried talking to him, Chloe."

    "I know, I know, thanks. He just doesn't get that I am in love with Brady."

    "What do you need my help with?"

    "The piano. I'm going to sing it to Philip."

    "What did you have in mind?"

    "I was thinking of ‘Miserable', but it's harsh and I don't have the right voice for it. So," she whispered in his ear.

    "That's a little harsh too."

    "Do you see it getting through to him any other way?"

    "Not really, let's go."

    Shawn sat behind the piano at the Pub. They had brought it in for a birthday party a day ago and had yet to move it out. Chloe took the microphone.

    "Philip, you don't hear what I'm saying, so I'm going to sing it."

    "Belle, she's going to sing to me," Philip gushed.

    Shawn started playing a song and Chloe began singing:

    "Almost blue
    Almost doing things we used to do
    There's a boy here and he's almost you
    Almost all the things that your eyes once promised
    I see in him too
    Now your eyes are red from lying

    Almost blue
    Flirting with this disaster became me
    It named me as the fool who only aimed to be

    Almost blue
    It's almost touching that we're almost through
    There's a part of me that's always true always
    All the things never come to an end now it is only a chosen few
    I've seen such an unhappy couple

    Almost me
    Almost you
    Almost blue..."

    She finished and placed the microphone on the piano.

    "Wasn't that beautiful, Belle? She's so special."

    "Philip, did you listen to the words?"

    "No, I was looking at her. I never listen to her."

    "Philip, the songs was saying that you're through. It said ‘flirting with this disaster' and ‘I have seen such an unhappy couple' and that she's found someone else."

    "She broke up with me?"

    "No, you dumped her, months ago."

    "I didn't mean it."

    "Philip, you two are done," Belle screamed at him. He looked completely shocked. He never saw it coming.

    When Chloe had finished her song Brady had walked in, late from a meeting at work.

    "Thanks, Shawn," she said walking up to Brady and kissing him with as much passion as she had in her. "Hey."

    "See, now that's singing with emotion. I love you."

    "I love you," she said as they walked out.

morganrosella@hotmail.com

This site is Copyright © 2001. It is in no way whatsoever affiliated with Kyle Lowder, Nadia Bjorlin, Days of Our Lives, or NBC. It is meant for pure entertainment.