Facing Their Future

    Disclaimer: Brady and Chloe and the rest of the gang belong to Ken Corday, NBC, and Columbia.

    Summary: Brady and Chloe work to find there way together, and take a trip to the Island where te kids are.

    Author's Notes: Okay, Philip, Shawn, and Belle are stuck on the island in the hurricane with Paul, having now found the ruby. Brady and Chloe have spent all summer together, now being best friends, knowing each other better than anyone else knows them. This takes place before they know anything is wrong on the island.

    *****

    Brady and Chloe were walking through the park one night. The stars were shining and the moon was bright.

    "So, Belle is coming home soon," Chloe said, turning to him.

    "And Philip," Brady added.

    "Yeah. Philip."

    "Are you going to take him back?"

    "I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not. He hurt me, a lot."

    "I know."

    "You know I know. I was there for you, remember," he reminded her. "Ready for me to take you home?"

    "Yeah, that would be nice," she answered, simply.

    During the drive they were silent. Except for some minor conversation when they reached her street.

    "So, your dad and Marlena went away for a few days?"

    "Yeah, they're at Green Mountain Lodge. They'll be back by tomorrow afternoon," he answered, pulling into her driveway. He stepped out before she could and opened her door for her, walking her to the door.

    "I had a good time tonight, Brady."

    "Yeah. We usually do," he agreed.

    "Thanks. You know, you said that everyone would be coming back soon. Then we'll be going back to school. So, I want you to now that this summer has been really great. You're my best friend, Brady."

    "Is that all?"

    "What are you talking about?" She knew, she'd been feeling it for some time now.

    "Listen, Chloe, I'm going to do something in a minute. Something I won't regret, but you might not like. Afterwards, I'm going to go home and just say goodnight. I want you to think really hard about what I did, after I do it."

    "What are you going to do, Brady?"

    "This," he said taking her face in his hands and kissing her. After a few seconds she started to kiss him back. None of her kisses with Philip had this much passion, this much feeling. She was scared, yet at the same time she was exhilarated. It soon began to get more and more intense.

    Finally, he pulled away, "Goodnight, Chloe."

    She was speechless as he drove away. She went into the house and sat on her bed deep in thought.

    "If I could never tell Philip I loved him, maybe I didn't. He was so possessive. He didn't understand me the way Brady does. When I'm with Brady I can be myself. I've never felt so alive like when I'm with Brady. He makes me feel. With Philip everything was about how he felt. Lately, Brady has been making me feel like an equal. She thought some more and finally resolved to stand up and walk out the front door. She knew exactly where she was headed and the now pouring rain didn't bother her.

    She reached the penthouse door and rang the doorbell. Within less than a minute Brady opened the door, still in his jeans and black dress shirt from earlier in the night. She looked him up and down, from his face to his exposed chest due to the top three undone buttons, all the way down to his bare feet.

    "Hi," he said, stepping aside so she could walk in. She took off her coat and put it on the rack. She looked at him trepidly.

    "I thought about what you said, er did."

    "And?"

    "It confused me. Then I thought some more."

    "And?"

    "And then I felt stupid for it not being so clear to me before. I mean, I knew it deep down, but I didn't want to know it."

    "What do you know?"

    She walked towards him and stood against him, chest to chest.

    "I know that I don't want Philip, I never really did, I want you," she said kissing him with the same hunger and passion he had earlier in the night. It was extremely intense, bot of them feeling more want and need then they ever had before.

    "Chloe, if I don't stop, I won't be able to later," Brady breathed as she kissed down his neck, holding his shirt collar.

    "Take me upstairs," she breathed in between kisses. He pulled back for just a moment and looked into her eyes. They told him all that he needed to know. He took her hand and led her up the penthouse stairs and into his bedroom, closing and locking the door behind them.

    Brady took each of Chloe's hands in his, pulling her closer to him, but before doing anything looking into her deep, blue eyes.

    "Brady, wait," Chloe stopped him as he leaned in to kiss her.

    "What?"

    "I know you kissed me. So, I know that there is a physical attraction between us, but is there anything else?"

    "Chloe, I have never let anyone, not even my father or Belle, get to know me as well as you do. We have a connection that is deeper than anything I've experienced. There is a strong physical attraction, but there is also a strong emotional attraction. I won't lie, I want you more than anything right now. But I want all of you, mind, body, heart, and soul."

    Without hesitation she kissed him, putting her hands to his broad chest. She unbuttoned the last of the buttons on his shirt, leaving it open. They moved their hands up and down each other's bodies, exploring each other. Their tongues explored each other's mouths. Brady moved his hands down the side of her body, reaching the hem of her red, v-neck shirt. He pulled it up, their lips parting only to take the shirt from her body, leaving her in her black lace bra and black capris. She kicked off her black strapped platforms and began to remove Brady's belt and remove his shirt from his shoulders.

    They moved over to the bed, where they laid down, he on top of her. He cupped her still covered breasts and she arched her back in pleasure. She unzipped his pants, pulling them down with his help. Feeling rather bold, she touched his groin area, feeling how much he was wanting her. He moaned into her mouth as he kissed her. He reached for the waistline of her pants, pulling them down.

    The two of them, not clad in only their underwear, locked eyes yet again. For a fleeting moment Chloe thought of how she could never come this close to Philip, by this point she would have turned back with him and immediately stopped their activities. She didn't feel self-conscious with Brady, she felt wanted. And though neither had made a declaration of love, that is exactly how Chloe felt, loved. She had never felt like that before. Not with Philip, not ever.

    However, the sensations Brady was creating within her, without actually even being completely naked or together yet, were driving her wild and all thoughts quickly left her mind. The rest of their clothing was soon discarded, everything on the floor in his room. Brady looked up and down her body. He noted Chloe shiver a little.

    "Are you okay?" He moved his hands through her hair.

    "I'm just a little scared. I've never done this before," she admitted.

    "You'll be fine. But we can stop if you want."

    "No, I want to do this. I want you to make love to me, Brady."

    He kissed her again before looking up at her.

    "Chloe, I don't have any protection," he said.

    She quickly found her purse and pulled out a condom, he looked at her questioningly.

    "Philip gave it to me, he sad it was for when I was ready," she explained, looking down when mentioning Philip's name.

    Though their arousal may have been deterred by the interruption, they soon became very wrapped up in one another. Brady looked at Chloe for one last reassurance, when he'd gotten it he entered her slowly. A few tears fell down her face at the sudden pain of the intrusion. He stopped to look at her.

    "Are you okay?"

    "Yes. Keep going," she told him.

    He did as told, making love to her slowly, his eyes never leaving hers. Once she got over the initial pain she felt the pleasure. She'd never known anything could feel this way before. Finally climaxing they lay in each others arms. Brady moved some of the hair from her face, now glistening with sweat. The looked at each other and smiled as he kissed her forehead.

    "Goodnight, Chloe," Brady said while watching her drift off to sleep.

    Though not asleep yet while Brady watched her, Chloe began to think about how if her first time had been with Philip it probably wouldn't have been this wonderful. Brady knew her inside and out. First getting to know her soul and mind, she let him have her body.

    Chloe woke up, still in Brady's arms. Feeling a slight chill she found his shirt and put it on. He woke to find her coming back to bed to lay with him.

    "Morning," he smiled.

    "Morning."

    "How do you feel?"

    "Good. A little sore, but good. I feel happy actually."

    "What about Craig and Nancy?"

    "What about them?"

    "What did you tell them before you came over here last night?"

    "Nothing, I just left. Anyway, they usually leave for work before I get up, I should be fine."

    "Good, because I want you to stay here with me today," he said.

    "Okay," she said, forming a thought in her head. "Hold, on I'll be right back."

    She left the room and returned moments later holding a camera.

    "Belle's digital camera? What do you need that for?" Brady sat up, the sheets covering him from the waist down, his legs exposed.

    "Well, just take make sure I didn't dream it when I think of this later, I need something to remind me just how real this is," she said setting the camera on the dresser after setting the timer. She laid next to Brady with him holding her, both smiling widely. Chloe got up and took the camera back where she'd found it.

    "Belle's going to find a surprise when she sees that there," Brady chuckled.

    They spent the morning together, leisurely. They sat at the kitchen table together, eating pancakes that Brady had made, laughing and enjoying each other's company.

    Brady took the whipped cream canister and emptied some on Chloe's bare thigh. She smiled at her mischievously before licking it off.

    Smiling at him she laughed," I love you, Brady." She hadn't even realized she'd said it. She had a smile plastered on her face even afterwards. His smile didn't fade when she'd said it either.

    "I love you too," he decided to continue with her initiative.

    "What?"

    "You told me you love me," he answered. "I told you I love you."

    Still smiling, "I didn't even know it came out."

    "Did you mean it?"

    "Yeah, I did. Wow, I didn't know it could be so easy. You meant it too, right?"

    "Chloe, you know I always tell you the truth. I love you."

    Suddenly, the phone rang.

    "Hold on, I'll be right back," Brady said, standing up.

    After he had been gone for a few minutes Chloe stood up and went into the living room with him. She found him on the phone, his face grave. Her smile suddenly fell.

    "Okay, I'll let them know," he said before placing the phone back on the cradle.

    "Brady, what's wrong?"

    "Um, a hurricane hit Puerto Rico."

    "Did they get everyone off safely?"

    "Belle and Shawn and Philip are still on the island. They're missing."

    "Oh my God," she said, going to him and hugging him tight.

    "Listen, Chloe, I'm going to go down there."

    "What? Brady, it's dangerous."

    "I know, but I can't sit back and just wait."

    "Fine, then I'm going with you."

    "Chloe, you said it yourself, it's dangerous. I'm not letting you put yourself in that situation."

    "It isn't your decision to make. I'm going to get dressed, you can take me back to my house so I can shower and pack and we'll leave in two hours," she said, going back up the stairs to get dressed.

    Brady dropped her off at home and kissed her goodbye on the front porch. She watched as he drove away. She walked in the door and even thought she was worried about her friends, she was still smiling about what she and Brady had done and what they'd admitted to each other.

    She found Nancy in the kitchen, Chloe didn't expect the find her there, but she did.

    "Chloe, there you are. Where have you been?"

    "I was at Brady's."

    "You were there all night."

    "Yeah, we were watching TV and I fell asleep," she lied.

    Nancy looked at her, not really believing the excuse she was being handed, but keeping her mouth shut just the same.

    "Um, Brady and I are going to Puerto Rico."

    "Over my dead body, young lady!"

    "Listen, Belle and Shawn and Philip are stuck on the island and no one knows where they are. I have to go and help."

    "Chloe, from what you're saying, it's going to be dangerous there. I don't want you get hurt," Nancy explained.

    "I'll be okay. Brady won't let anything happen to me."

    "You and he have become very close."

    Chloe looked down, trying to hide her smile from her mother's questions.

    "I see that. Chloe, he's a Kiriakis and I don't think you should get involved with another one."

    "Brady is a Black."

    "He's still related to Philip. So, I take it you won't be taking Philip back."

    "No. I've discovered I never really loved Philip and he didn't love me, not if he can say such mean things to me."

    "What about Brady?"

    "What about him?" Chloe wanted to dodge the question.

    "How do you feel about him? Are you going to start seeing him?"

    "Yes, I am. I like being with Brady. I feel alive around him."

    "He's older than you. I could have him arrested."

    "Nancy, you can trust me. Brady is not going to hurt me."

    "Do you think you love him?"

    "No."

    "You don't love him?"

    Chloe breathed in, deciding to be completely honest with Nancy. "I don't think I love Brady, I know I do, mom."

    For the second time that day Chloe had not realized what she'd said and not wanting to ruin it, Nancy decided not to call her on it.

    "Okay. Go to Puerto Rico. But I want you to call three times a day to check in and if Brady Black lays a finger on you and I find out about it, I am calling Craig to have him arrested for statutory rape. And when you get back the four of us will be going to Tuscany for dinner to get to know one another better."

    "Whatever Brady and I do together, he won't force me. It will be mutual."

    "Fine, fine, fine. I guess you'd better go get ready."

    Chloe turned towards the door, but stopped and looked at Nancy.

    "Thank you," she said going to her room.

    Within ninety minutes Brady was waiting at Chloe's front door, which was answered by Nancy.

    "Chloe isn't ready yet, but come in Brady. Craig came home to wish Chloe goodbye and he and I would like to talk to you."

    Brady stepped in and found Craig sitting on the sofa, Nancy joined him and Brady sat in the chair.

    "Hi, Dr. Wesley," Brady smiled, uneasily.

    "Brady, Chloe says that the two of you are now romantically involved," Nancy cut right to the chase.

    "Um, yes, we are."

    "Don't treat her like Philip did," Craig said.

    "I won't," Brady simply said.

    "How do you feel about how Philip treated her?" Nancy turned closer to Brady.

    "Honestly. He doesn't deserve her."

    "Do you?" Nancy looked straight at him, making him a little uncomfortable.

    "Probably not. But I'm going to treat her with the respect she deserves."

    Nancy smiled, as did Craig, who has a question himself, "Do you love her?"

    "Yes."

    "Okay," Craig seemed satisfied. "But if you do hurt her I will hunt you down and make you pay."

    Chloe had been standing on the stairs long enough to hear Brady tell her parents that he probably didn't deserve he and that he loved her. She smiled and finally decided to show herself before Brady was threatened even more.

    "Hi, she said," setting her bag by the door before entering the living room.

    Brady stood and kissed her on the cheek, she did the same.

    "Well, good luck, I guess," Nancy said. Craig put his hands on her shoulders, standing behind her.

    "I promise I'll call when I get there and then two more times before tomorrow. We'll try and come home as soon as possible," Chloe said as Brady picked up her bag.

    "I'll take care of her," Brady reassured the Wesleys.

    "Thank you, Brady," Nancy said, holding back tears.

    Brady put Chloe's bag in the back of his jeep. He opened the door for her then got in himself.

    "I have some bad news," he said, pulling out of the driveway.

    "What?" She got a nervous look in her eyes.

    "My grandpa called, he wasn't sure if I knew about what was going on and when I told him we were going down there he insisted that we were going on his plane with he and Nicole."

    "Your grandfather doesn't like me."

    "I know, I think he just wants to keep an eye on you, make sure you don't go after Philip again."

    "That's not going to happen. I don't think he's going to like the idea of you and I together any better."

    "Well, my grandfather knows that I live my own life and no one tells me what to do. He's not going to stop me from seeing you, Chloe."

    "Did you get a hold of your dad and Marlena?"

    "I called the lodge and left a message. I told them to come down to the islands as soon as they get in."

    "Good. We're going to find Belle and the others, Brady. It'll be okay. I love you," she said, wanting to reassure him.

    "I love you too, Chloe."

    Chloe didn't really understand it, but she was so content telling Brady she loved him. The words came so easily and she never said anything more sincere than when she told him.

| Part Two |

morganrosella@hotmail.com

This site is Copyright © 2001. It is in no way whatsoever affiliated with Kyle Lowder, Nadia Bjorlin, Days of Our Lives, or NBC. It is meant for pure entertainment.